The Eyeglass Shop, provides comprehensive eye exams for the entire family including contact lens fittings.
– American Optometric Association Clinic Guidelines Coordinating Committee, Reference Guide for Clinicians
Why eye exams are essential for everyone
Poor vision and serious eye diseases are not limited to any age, ethnic group or sex.
- Small children have specific eye diseases that require yearly vigilance.
- Younger people have their own vision problems associated with prolonged computer use.
- Pregnant women have a heightened risk of certain eye disorders.
- Those over 40 are susceptible to a number of degenerative eye conditions associated with the aging process.
Eye exams can also help to provide an early warning of serious general health conditions.
Eye diseases often don’t show symptoms until it is too late.
Eye disorders are sneaky. They often show no symptoms that you’d notice until significant damage has been done. The good news is that eye doctors have the expertise and technology to catch serious eye diseases in their earliest stages when they can be controlled and often cured.
Your eyes are windows to your overall health
Many eye diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke & high cholesterol show their earliest signs through the eyes. Annual eye exams can help give you advanced warning so you can take preventative action!
One Minute Site Saver Test
- Do you or a family member wear glasses for reading, distance vision or both?
- Do your children, grandchildren, or other children you care for sit too close to the TV, have trouble with hand-eye coordination or complain of headaches?
- Has your school-age child or grandchild not received a thorough eye exam from an eye doctor within the past two years? (A school exam doesn’t count.)
- Do you or anyone in your immediate family have high blood pressure or diabetes?
- Do you or a family member spend several hours each day looking at a computer screen or experience frequent headaches after working at a computer?
- Have you or a family member been diagnosed or treated for cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration or other eye problems?
- Do you spend time outdoors without sunglasses that have 100% UV and glare protection?
- Do you have tired or burning eyes or rub your eyes frequently?
- Do you or a family member have difficulty seeing at night?